Ok, so I’ve started the Whole Living 28-day cleanse. There’s no calorie counting. You eat 5-6 small meals a day. The first week there is a long list of no-touch foods like sugar, alcohol (dam), gluten, eggs, dairy, peanut butter (double dam). I know, I know, I never do this kind of thing. I’m stubborn, strong-headed and don’t like anyone telling me what to do, especially what to eat. Chalk it up to 8 years of time in service with the Air Force. (ie – If you were going to take a purse to work for ‘da man’ it had to be the issued hideous big black box with wide strap. Ah, but they didn’t have rules about lunchboxes, so I picked the loudest, bright red Garfield-the-cat box to tote my snacks in. You get the idea.)
On the other hand, I love organization and structure. I have the largest whiteboard they make hanging in my kitchen. So, away we go.
- I’m jazzed
- I’m ready
- I’m hungry
- I eat the entire black bean millet ginger recipe because it’s so fantastic!
- I drink tea all day (no biggy, I’m already a caffeine-free gal)
- I have an extra poop. Sorry, overshare, but hey, this is a cleanse, right? Good stuff.
- I survive dinner which is normally my time to really eat.
- I don’t survive the sweet craving at 9:00. I cave and have 5 candy corn. Sh*&! Oh well, if you cheat, make it worth it, eh? (And a shout-out to Market of Choice for stocking candy corn year-round)
DAY 2: (Today)
- Jazzed again
- Got up early to cruise recipes online
- Made the spinach-banana-parsley-apple-water smoothie and pretended it was good (add a few strawberries and it was good, actually)
- Went to the store and stocked up on a few more ‘clean’ condiments like lemon, lime, almond butter, basil
- Excited to find green tea in decaf
- Going to do back-strengthening yoga when kids go to bed tonight.
Ok, so you’re saying, “whatever, who does this”? I know, me too. I’m waiting for the “WTH was I thinking moment” that I’m sure will come. (Like when the kids are screaming while I’m trying to make dinner and a glass of red wine sounds soooo good) For now, I’m jazzed (and I have a couple more candy corn for an emergency)
Ever do a cleanse? What kind? How did it go?