What fun! Seriously, the 2012 Ridgeline Ramble was a hoot. There were many reasons for this day being one of the freaking best, so here they are! (Sorry, you know how I love lists.)
1. The weather was perfect (around 50, cool and cloudy with a promise of sun)
2. It started with awesome running peeps!
4. I got to see old friends and they welcomed me with loving arms, smiles and stories of the past year!
5. It was the first race I’ve done in over a year, so I was a bit wide-eyed and psyched up. (aka, got in the porta-potty line immediately!)
6. It was a small, friendly, well-organized race (thanks to Eclectic Edge Racing!). Volunteers were great!
7. And lucky # seven…. I felt READY to run, to race even. I placed 4th in my age group and I’m so happy about that. I felt strong and capable the entire way. This is a new feeling for me…to trust my training. I hadn’t toed-up to the line since recovering from my slew of foot problems, but I felt ready and oh so lucky to be running.
8. I trashed my quads! I know, this seems like an odd thing to be excited about. In my last podcast with Carolyn about her journey to the Western States 100 Endurance run, she talked about her current strategy of trashing her quads on the downhills. In other words, let your legs fly!
9. My buddies placed! Almost as much fun as running is cheering for your friends. Steph and Carley (a new RMR Thursday group gal) both placed in their age group. Nice job, ladies!
10. We are so enjoying this new face and amazing woman share herself with us on our Thursday morning runs. And looky-here! She’s a winner!
My training plan calls for back-to-back runs now, so I ran again on Sunday, the day after the race. Of course, it was slow and short, but I was so excited to get out there….still high on Saturday’s fun!